Website REEDEREI NORD B.V.
Tanker Chartering Manager
We are looking for a Tanker Chartering Manager for Reederei Nord B.V. in Amsterdam to complement our management team.
Due to the growth of our fleet and to further back up of the successful implementation of our commercial strategy, we are now seeking for an entrepreneurial person who has proven his ability to strategically build up the team and the structure needed to successfully market a fleet of modern, high spec. chemical, product and crude oil carriers and who is sharing our vision of a long term partnership build on operational excellence, well managed risk and sustainable profitability.
The task is unique in the current shipping environment, as you will be able to apply your skills and utilize your extensive network in a considerate yet competitive and very entrepreneurial work environment. The financial and operational strength of the Reederei Nord Group and its partners provide for healthy growth prospects.
Your main tasks include:
- Develop and concisely lay out the chartering strategy for our fleet of modern coated and uncoated tankers
- Advance the diversity of our employment profile
- Identify new trends and potential customers and work towards building relationships with same and sourcing cargo
- Managing the relationship with cargo brokers and customers to ensure we see all on and off market opportunities
- Identifying key trades / cargo flows which match our operating profile
- Identifying cargo opportunities, evaluate their returns within our business model, and report them to the Management
- Managing the commercial department
- Procuring that all calculations to be captured within our operating system
- Calculating and negotiating all voyages / business secured
- Work closely with the operations and technical departments to ensure a smooth operation of all voyages / time charters
- Ensure that all charter parties are completed and executed accurately Develop a document filing system for all concluded negotiations
- Liaise with operations (internal) on all parameters of the voyage to ensure smooth execution
- Keep current and strictly implement procedures for executing fixtures / monitoring vessel performances / explain underlying variances
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting
- Increase wherever possible the efficiency of the fleet at sea (routing / slow steaming) to maximize returns for the Nord group
- Post fixture work
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively;
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and good communication skills;
- Problem solving skills and good analytical skills.
- Hands-On mentality (you are willing to look beyond your job description)
- Ability to respond positively to customers and colleagues in an effective manner;
- Strong service mentality;
- Minimum 7 years chartering experience in tankers (ideally with previous operations experience) with well-established contacts with in the tanker industry.
- Strategic mindset with strong ability to grow business and relationships.
- Strong communication skills.
- A seafaring background is seen as an advantage.
Working with Reederei Nord, you’ll enjoy a pleasant, diverse and very international atmosphere. The company’s success is based on solid values such as competence, loyalty, honesty and sustainability. The open and dynamic culture of Reederei Nord offers plenty of opportunities to develop your skills. We also offer a competitive salary and a permanent contract after you have proven yourself. We are looking for a qualified colleague who is interested in a long term career with Reederei Nord and offer competitive terms and conditions to suitable candidates.
About the company:
Reederei Nord is a fully integrated ship management and ship owning company that has been established in 1964. The company acts as ship manager for the various types of vessels – Container Vessels, Bulk Carriers and Tankers – on behalf of the Oldendorff Family as well as various third party interests. The management services cover the following areas:
- Commercial Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Technical Management
- Crew Management
- Safety and Security Services
- Vetting Services
- New Building Supervision
Please send your application letter and resume (in English) to: email@example.com, with the subject “Application for Chartering Manager”. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please write an email to the mail address as mentioned above. We are very much looking forward to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applications received will be used exclusively for selection purposes and handled confidentially by authorized personnel only. Your application may also be considered for other suitable positions within the Nord group. (Please indicate clearly on your application if you would not like to be considered for other positions within the group.) Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.